It has been my privilege to have practiced orthodontics in Augusta for many years. Orthodontics is the one profession in health care where every patient who puts forth an effort gets better! It is my sincere honor to give them that opportunity.
While I take orthodontics very seriously, we like to have fun in our office. What’s the point of making smiles if you can never make anyone laugh? I’m never above bombarding patients with bad jokes and puns about teeth and general health.
Before becoming an orthodontist, I was a Naval Flight Officer in P-3 aircraft (think Officer and a Gentleman). I served six years on active duty and retired as a Navy Commander after 14 more years of service as a Naval Reservist and Commanding Officer of a unit at NAS Brunswick.
My long-suffering wife, Karen, has been the front desk greeter since our practice has been open. She was previously a Naval Intelligence Officer after her graduation from Penn State University. Our daughter Katya attends Saint Anselm’s College in New Hampshire.
When I’m not working, you’d be lucky to find me! I’m either riding my bicycle, on a boat, or trying to travel somewhere fun, whether in state or overseas. My favorite pastime is fishing, though the fish usually win during our encounters. Every so often, the Fates favor me with the occasional fish, though I’m definitely a catch and release kind of guy!
- Marian High School, Tamaqua, PA
- National Merit Finalist
- St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. Biology
- Attended on a full academic scholarship
- English Honors Student
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA Dental School
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- Orthodontics Program: Master of Science in Dentistry (M.S.D.)
- Maine Association of Orthodontists (Past President)
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Kennebec Valley Dental Society
- Maine Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- University of Maine, Augusta (Bangor Campus)
- Instructor/Lecturer in Orthodontics at the Dental Hygiene School and the Dental Assisting Program
- Former Board Member, Four Towns Watershed Association
- Member, Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce